Pasta Salad





Today is the start of a three day weekend for me.  I had high hopes of what I was going to do around the house today so I could enjoy the rest of my holiday weekend.  Unfortunately, I can not seem to get myself together today.  I am just exhausted and need a break.  So I decided to hop on and do a recipe post for you today.  I have been meaning to do this all week but I have had a hectic week. So while the laundry is washing away, the dishes are soaking and the toys are thrown all over the house, I am taking a break. It will all be there waiting for me when I am ready to tackle it.

This pasta salad is so easy to throw together and really is yummy.  If you are a fan of ranch you will love this.  This is a nice change from the traditional italian pasta salad.  



I had my little helper in the kitchen again, she loves chopping veggies for me.  My cutting board that my dad made me has separated, until I get it fixed its the perfect size for my little chef.  I give her a butter knife and she has only nicked herself once or twice.  What you do not see is she was chopping these and munching at the same time, so not many cucumbers made it into the bowl!  She is a veggie lover like her moma.  




Cook the rotini noodles according to package directions. While the noodles are cooking, chop your veggies. Place the cucumbers and tomatoes into a bowl.  I add about a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and season them with salt and pepper. Mix these together and let them sit and marinate in the vinegar and seasonings while the noodles are cooking. This is an optional step, you can just add it all in together if you prefer. 



Once the noodles are done, drain and rinse them.  Add the noodles to the bowl the veggies are in.  Mix these together and then pour the ranch dressing on top.  Mix the dressing in until you have the desired consistency you prefer. Place in the refrigerator to chill.  Once this sits a while you will need to add more dressing as the noodles soak it up.  Shredded cheddar cheese and bits of smokey bacon are a great addition. 

ranch-pasta-salad




Pasta Salad

16 oz rotini noodles, cooked and drained
1 bottle of ranch dressing 
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
tomatoes, chopped ( I like to use halved cherry tomatoes)
cucumber, sliced and chopped
salt and pepper to taste

Boil noodles according to package directions, chop veggies and add into bowl with tablespoon of vinegar and seasonings.  Once noodles are done add to veggie mixture and pour dressing over and mix well.  Chill in refrigerator. Enjoy!


More recipes to love: 










4 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up your pasta salad! This would be nice to have when we grill. I've never had pasta salad w/ cucumbers, but I like that idea. Also like the idea of bacon bits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting and hope you get to try this really soon, its a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, I just fixed this Friday night for our VBS picnic. It was really good. I was rushing to get everything straight and didnt put enough dressing in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats great Stacy, a lot of times the dressing will soak into the noodles and you have to add more, usually when its warm. I am always in a rush and need more. Its different than the italian pasta salads. Thanks for letting me know you tried it.

      Delete

I love hearing from you. Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment!

Subscribe to my weekly newsletters for free recipes, tips, and printables.

* indicates required