Rice Pudding


Before I started this blog I asked my family what were some of the recipes that my grandparents and extended family made that my parents loved.  One of my main reasons for doing this blog was to hopefully find some recipes that remind my parents of some of those foods that were lost with our relatives and to share them with the generations to come in our family.

My parents recently celebrated their 46th wedding anniversary. My parents have the kind of love and appreciation for each other that is like no other.  We could all be so lucky to just have a fraction of what they share together.  They are my rock and I would not be who I am without them. I love you Mom and Dad.

 I made this rice pudding the evening they went out for their annual dinner date.  My mom prefers a rice pudding made on the stove versus in the oven.  I had been looking for that right recipe to share with her and just so happened to make this that evening.  I finished it and called her to tell her how good it was and guess what, I got a visit.  I was able to treat them to dessert on their special night.  She also told me about how my great aunt used to make it with a special ingredient.  The next time I make this that special ingredient will show up in the this recipe and I will share it with the world.  Until then here is the recipe I used to make this. The recipe I used came from Tina at  Mommy's Kitchen and it was so good.  If you have not visited her blog you are missing out on some really great recipes.  If you can, show her blog some love and tell her I sent you. Thanks Tina for a great recipe!


Served Up With Love!

Rice Pudding
Inspired by Tina at Mommy's Kitchen

1 - cup cooked medium or long grain rice
3/4 - cup sugar
1/3 -cup flour
1/4 - tsp salt
2 - cups whole milk (lowfat is fine)
3 - egg yolks (beaten)
3/4 - 1 tsp vanilla extract
1-2 tsp of ground cinnamon (my addition)
1 small snack box of raisins ( my addition)
Place sugar, flour, salt, and milk in a medium size saucepan. Stir on medium low heat until mixture begins to boil. Let boil while stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes. remove from heat and place 1/2 cup of hot mixture into egg yolks and mix (tempering the eggs). Pour egg yolks and rice into hot pudding mixture and place back on the stove. Continue to cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir constantly so pudding does not lump and stick to the bottom of the pan. Remove from heat and add the vanilla extract, add cinnamon and raisins and blend well. Chill before serving.

Shared at:
Sweet Indulgences Sunday @ A Well Seasoned Life
Sweet Tooth Friday @ Alli n son
Made it on Monday @ Larks Country Heart
Melt in your Mouth Monday @ Make ahead Meals for Busy Moms
Make a Food "e" Friend Monday @ The Saturday Evening Pot

4 comments:

  1. I'll admit that I've never tasted rice pudding before but yours looks delicious. Thanks for sharing on A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rice pudding is one of my favorite things. I make a version that has like a custard on top. It is so good. I rarely make it as it is just so easy for me to eat it ALL. Thanks so much for this version. Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you liked it and can't wait to hear what the secret ingedient is. Maybe nutmeg?

    ReplyDelete
  4. With all the rice we eat, you'd think I would have had rice pudding by now. But nope. Never have! Looks good!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment!

Subscribe to my weekly newsletters for free recipes, tips, and printables.

* indicates required