Sausage and Egg Casserole



Do you ever have one of those dishes that you just have to have at certain holidays or occasions?  For me it is this sausage and egg casserole. 


Sausage & Egg Casserole recipe from Served Up With Love is the recipe you have been looking for. Unlike most breakfast casseroles, this one doesn't need to soak overnight.

Every Christmas morning we make this casserole. The tradition started with my parents.  On Christmas morning all of us girls and our families would come together at their house, eat breakfast, and open up all our presents. 





Now that my parents are no longer with us we do things a little differently than before. We still have a special breakfast, but it is with our kids. 



After breakfast and spending time with our kids, we gather together with family for dinner and presents. 




This recipe is so easy to prepare and so good that its great for dinner any night of the week. For some reason breakfast foods always taste so much better when you eat them for dinner.  



This is a very versatile dish to play with.  You can change the ingredients and make it something totally different.




With the two basic ingredients the rest can be switched up and the possibilities are endless. 



You can change up the cheeses, mix them, add peppers and onions, bacon or mushrooms. 




The sky is the limit with this dish.  I hope you get to try this dish and enjoy it as much as my family does.









Yield: 6 - 10

Sausage and Egg Casserole

Sausage, eggs, and cheese come together in a delicious breakfast casserole.
prep time: 5 minscook time: 20 minstotal time: 25 mins

ingredients:

6 eggs
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 pound of sausage, cooked and crumbled
2 packs of crescent rolls

instructions

Cook and crumble on pound of sausage.  Crack 6 eggs into a bowl and mix with cheese and cooked sausage.  Pour into a 9x13 casserole dish lined with crescent rolls.  Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes.  Ovens may vary and this may take longer.  Check for doneness with a knife inserted in the center.  Enjoy!




16 comments:

  1. We happen to be "breakfast for dinner" people and my folks will be so thrilled with this dish :) I can't wait to surprise them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny! I'm working right now on something I only make at certain times. For me, it makes those dishes special.

    Please don't remind me that Christmas is coming fast! Wait. Maybe I do need the reminder ;-)

    Have never made this type of casserole w/ crescents--will have to try that. Loving the idea of all the different add-ins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breakfast for dinner is so good! I hope your folks like it Shawn. Michelle, Christmas is coming way too fast and I am not ready at all. I hope you get to try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anything made w/ crescent rolls would be a hit in my house! Lol Thanks for sharing at Church Supper. Have a blessed week. See you next Sunday.

    Everyday Mom's Meals

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw you at EMM's Church Supper. I love egg casseroles and your's looks delicious! I think they are great if you're hosting a breakfast or brunch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds so easy and perfect for my family. This might be a soccer game day breakfast. Come on over and share it on Hunk of Meat Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so good. I love the crescent rolls as the crust. Please come share this on our Foodie Friends Friday linky party! We have a sponsored giveaway also!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so good. I love having things like this for breakfast!

    Thanks for linking up to Foodie Friends Friday.

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made this for my church group and they all loved it! It tastes really good with Maple flavored sausage!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not a seasoned cook. Would like to know how to distribute the crescent rolls. I've never used them before. I look forward to your response. Thanks....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super simple to do. Just open up the can and unroll. They will be in triangles. Just piece them together (make sure no holes) and fill in the casserole dish. You can also buy crescent dough in sheets. That makes casseroles like this much easier.

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much for responding to my comments. I expect to try this recipe this coming weekend. Thanks again.

      Delete
  11. I surely want to make notes of this recipe

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm like so many of the other people here, love Breakfast for Dinner. We do it quite a lot at our house. It's easy for me especially when I come home late. You want something good and easy and fast. This is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I made this receipe for the first time in ages because I had company. It is one my Mom cut out of a cooking magazine years ago, they called it a breakfast pizza. Whatever, it is so good and had forgotten, just how good.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment!

Subscribe to my weekly newsletters for free recipes, tips, and printables.

* indicates required