Sunday, March 18, 2012

Crockpot Meatball Subs


Those that have followed my blog for a while know that I love my crockpot!  I have a feeling this appliance is going to be used quite often while we attend my sons soccer games.  He is playing for the varsity soccer team at school.  I never knew how exciting a soccer game could get until I watched my son play. He has been playing since he was little and absolutely loves it. The first game was last week and we had to travel a good distance to attend.  The next game is again an away game.  We will be attending all the games we can possibly attend. This does make it a little tricky with a five year old in tow who needs her beauty sleep.  The last game I came prepared with her jammies and she was asleep in the car within 5 minutes of leaving the game. Hopefully this next game we will be just as lucky.  My son's best friend is playing goalie on the junior varsity soccer team and we try to get to that game too to support him.  I think of him as if he was my second son.  I love this kid like he was my own.  This is his first time ever playing soccer so we are very proud of him as well making the team.  Can you tell we are very proud soccer parents!! 

We had some leftover spaghetti sauce from dinner the other night and really didn't want spaghetti. So I decided meatball subs sounded really good.  I tossed in the leftover sauce into the crockpot with 2 small bags of frozen meatballs.  I also had another jar of spaghetti sauce so I through that in to.  Cooked on high for 4 hours while we went to the grocery store and run a few errands for a while. When we returned they were done. 

I served these on sub rolls with provolone and parmesan cheese.  Onion ring were a side with a salad.  Super yummy and super easy.  I hope you get a chance to try this out. So simple.


Crockpot Meatball Subs

2 small bags or one large bag of frozen meatballs (or your own special meatballs)
1 large jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce (or your own special sauce)
Sub Rolls
Provolone Cheese
Parmesan Cheese

Place the frozen meatballs in the crockpot and stir in the sauce. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.  Place cheese in the sub roll and add the meatballs.  Add the parmesan cheese and enjoy.

Shared at Everyday Mom's Meals Church Supper
Weekend Potluck
Gooseberry Patch Recipe Round Up Fall Slow Cooker
Simple Supper Tuesday at Hun Whats for Dinner
Keep It Crockin Cool @ Call me PMC

5 comments:

Libby said...

Ohhhh...I'm loving it! Those are THE best meals..when you throw them together like that ;) Congratulations on your son's friend making the team too ;)

Krista said...

OMGosh, my "boys" would go crazy for these! Thanks for sharing at Church Supper! Have a blessed week. Hope to see you next Sunday ~EMM

Cindy Hunwhatsfordinner said...

Love this nice and easy recipe. I always intend of making meatballs subs when we have spaghetti and meatballs, but Hubby usually ends up snacking on the leftover meatballs. Thanks for linking to Simple Supper Tuesday!

Katharine Moore said...

I made these meatball subs last night for dinner. Loved that I could put them in the crock after lunch and it be ready for dinner. Served with salad and potato chips. My boys (4 years old and almost 2 years old) and my husband loved it! Thanks for the idea!

Served up with Love said...

So glad you liked them...super easy dinner and so glad your kiddos liked it too! Sometimes that can be challenging. Thanks for stopping by and let me know how they turned out for you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...