Saturday, October 6, 2012

Apple Cobbler Dump Cake


Fall is my favorite time of year.  Growing up we would make the biggest pile of leaves and just run and jump in. We had the best time and this would entertain us for hours. We would then do it all over again the next day. Full of laughter and smiles, that is how I remember my childhood!  Do you have a favorite childhood memory of the fall season?

I have never really made a dump cake before but when I saw this recipe for a crockpot I decided I would try this in the oven. I made a few changes and I think this turned out really good. So simple and so easy to do.


Open two cans of apple pie filling and place in a 9 x 13 casserole dish.  Add dry cake mix all over the top. Do not mix or anything, just place on top of the apple pie filling. 


Place pats of butter all over the cake mix and put in the oven and bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and yum! 



Apple Cobbler Dump Cake

2 cans of apple pie filling
1 box of yellow cake mix
1 ½ sticks of butter

Pour the two cans of apple pie filling into the bottom of a 9 x 13 casserole dish, cover with dry cake mix, add pats of butter all over the top. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour. 

This recipe was shared in my food column in Chesapeake Style Magazine in the October 2012 issue. This is a local magazine with 8 issues per year with a circulation of more than 10,000 an issue. Please do stop by and check it out. Issues are archived for your viewing pleasure. 

1 comment:

Krista said...

I made something very similar last week. So yummy! Thanks for sharing at Church Supper. Have a blessed week & come back soon~EMM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...