Green Pepper Steak


When I first started this blog in 2011 I had no idea of how much my pictures affected my recipe posts. Since starting the blog I have gotten a new DSLR camera and have taken a few photography classes from a great friend. Each time I take a class I feel more confident that my pictures are proudly portraying how the dish is supposed to look. This recipe is one of those favorite family recipes I started making long ago even before I became a Mom. A co worker years ago shared with me how she made it and I went home and tried it, the rest is history. I have made this recipe so many times, I do not need to measure anything. Actually, I had a hard time coming up with measurements to share this recipe originally in August 2011. At that time my son had never tried this dish. Since he is an aspiring chef, can't begin to tell you how proud I am of that, he has tried many new things in the last two years. He gave this dish is approval. I often hear from him now, "what was wrong with me all those years?"  Finally, he understands all my frustration with his picky eating. He said recently, "I missed so much good food growing up" If he had only listened to his Moma!





Green Pepper Steak

2-3 green peppers cut into strips
1 onion sliced in strips
1-2 steaks depending on size
1/4 - 1/2 cup soy sauce
pepper to taste
2 cups water
cooked rice
cornstarch

Cut green peppers, onions, and steak into strips.  Saute steak until almost done, add veggies and continue cooking until softened. Add 2 cups water and soy sauce and simmer for about 10 minutes. Make a slurry of cornstarch and water, add to the pan, and bring to a boil to thicken.  Serve over rice. Enjoy!

Shared at

2 comments:

  1. Lovely, simple and delicious. Thanks for sharing at Simple Supper Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What type of steak do you use for this? It looks good.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment!

Subscribe to my weekly newsletters for free recipes, tips, and printables.

* indicates required