Caprese Salad

Caprese Salad recipe from Served Up With Love


This is the first year we have planted cherry tomatoes in our garden. When I planted them they were looking a little sad from waiting for me to plant that I didn't think they were going to make it. My daughter loves these and will just grab handfuls to munch on.  I think they are on the down swing now and I am not sure how many more we will get. We were having an issue with the squirrels getting them, sneaky little rascals. The cats caught onto their shenanigans and I haven't noticed them munching in a while. With that being said they are probably having a feast as I type.

I have to admit I had never tried balsamic vinegar. I purchased a bottle some time ago hoping to find a way to try it. This was the perfect way to try it the first time. I had some of this as a late lunch and it was some kind of good. Super easy and tasty.


Caprese Salad recipe from Served Up With Love with fresh tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella cheese with a balsamic glaze.  It just screams summer!




Caprese Salad

3-4 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced in half

8 oz mozzarella pearls or cubes
20 basil leaves, chopped or torn into small pieces
1/4 cup olive oil
1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper

 Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and combine. Serve immediately or place in the fridge to cool. Enjoy

Sharing over at....
Weekend Potluck @ The Country Cook
Foodie Friends Friday
Wednesday Roundup @ Love Pasta and a Toolbelt
Meal Plan Monday

More recipes to love:






5 comments:

  1. Hi, love your salad. How about adding it to the Food on Friday: Salads collection over at Carole's Chatter? Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing this delicious Caprese Salad with Foodie Friends Friday party this weekend. I've pinned and will share this weekend. We look forward to seeing you again soon with another delicious recipe.

    A FFF co-host,
    Joanne/WineLady Cooks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks luscious! Your photos are always so gorgeous and inviting!! MMMMM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks luscious! Your photos are always so gorgeous and inviting!! MMMMM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marsha, this is one of my favorite meals to eat in the summer with my fresh tomatoes and basil.

      Delete

I love hearing from you. Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment!

Subscribe to my weekly newsletters for free recipes, tips, and printables.

* indicates required