Watermelon Salad with Blackberries and Basil



Blackberries are my favorite berries.  Growing up at my parent's house we had a blackberry bush that was on the side of our house. I used to love to go over and pick the berries and eat them in the summer. We used to ride our bikes all the time around the house. This blackberry bush was right on the corner of the house. I cannot tell you how many times I wrecked my bike in that blackberry bush. That was not fun at all. When my sisters and I talk about that blackberry bush it is always about how we used to get tangled up in it on our bikes. My parents decided to get rid of the bush years ago but I will never forget the memories of all those summers growing up and the blackberries. Maybe that is why I like those little berries so much.

When I first saw this combination I was a little intrigued about how it would taste. I knew I had to try it. I have fresh basil in my garden and love it. I look for any reason to use it. The basil gives this a different flavor but it really does work well together. If you are looking for something a little different, give this one a try.


Watermelon Salad with Blackberries and Basil
3 cups watermelon cubed
1 container blackberries (About 1 1/4 cups)
10 basil leaves chopped fine
Juice of one lime
Zest of one lime
1 T honey


Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.  Let sit at least 30 minutes in the fridge before eating.

This recipe was shared in a recent issue of Chesapeake Style Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment!

Subscribe to my weekly newsletters for free recipes, tips, and printables.

* indicates required